Purdy 2007 Update...I haven't updated this since Akira was first born. I thought I'd update it for those of you who may still be checking us out here.

So what's new with us: Akira is almost walking. She's just doesn't have the confidence built up yet, although she has taken some steps and cruises the furniture! Her hair is finally long enough to do SOMETHING with it...so I put it in a sprout-pony tail. She's the happiest baby ever, and I thought we were lucky with Westley! Akira's so much easier than him. Westley has taken to answer for Kira now too. I'll "ask Kira a question" like "whatca doin' kira" or "are you telling stories", you know, typical rhetorical questions that you don't expect anything from. Westley now says, "mommy, sissy says yes." Oh boy....
Westley is going to pre-school and loves it. I couldn't be happier about our decision to enroll him in a new daycare/school. Every day that I pick them up from school he talks so fast about everything he's done that day, he stumbles over his words!
The kids are getting along so well. Akira just LOVES her brother and copies him so much. I really think he'll be getting her in to trouble here in a few years...Westley watches out for her but of course still makes sure she doesn't play with his toys.
If Akira isn't in the same room as us or if I put her to bed before him, Westley always asks were his sissy is. He also always prays for her every night, along with his Halloween candy and his toy puppy....

We are so blessed with awesome children and I am so thankful to have my kids, even when Westley insists on repeatedly doing things and doing it in the same order or when Akira throws her cup on the floor 10 times...yea it's a game.
Jon and Westley always take the dogs for a walk when we get home from work. Lately Jon has been filling me in on how long it takes for Westley to go anywhere because he's observing everything and describing every step of the way to him in question form "Daddy, you're walking with me?" and "Daddy, the trees are blowing?" or "Daddy, Strider's running?"....yesterday on their walk Westley insisted on taking along the trailer to his "tractor", pushing it around the entire field, this of course slowing down the entire walk - so Jon thought they'd just skip the regular stop by nama's and nampa's house....but no, Westley of course had to keep with routine! So cute.

So what's new with us: Akira is almost walking. She's just doesn't have the confidence built up yet, although she has taken some steps and cruises the furniture! Her hair is finally long enough to do SOMETHING with it...so I put it in a sprout-pony tail. She's the happiest baby ever, and I thought we were lucky with Westley! Akira's so much easier than him. Westley has taken to answer for Kira now too. I'll "ask Kira a question" like "whatca doin' kira" or "are you telling stories", you know, typical rhetorical questions that you don't expect anything from. Westley now says, "mommy, sissy says yes." Oh boy....
Westley is going to pre-school and loves it. I couldn't be happier about our decision to enroll him in a new daycare/school. Every day that I pick them up from school he talks so fast about everything he's done that day, he stumbles over his words!The kids are getting along so well. Akira just LOVES her brother and copies him so much. I really think he'll be getting her in to trouble here in a few years...Westley watches out for her but of course still makes sure she doesn't play with his toys.
If Akira isn't in the same room as us or if I put her to bed before him, Westley always asks were his sissy is. He also always prays for her every night, along with his Halloween candy and his toy puppy....

We are so blessed with awesome children and I am so thankful to have my kids, even when Westley insists on repeatedly doing things and doing it in the same order or when Akira throws her cup on the floor 10 times...yea it's a game.
Jon and Westley always take the dogs for a walk when we get home from work. Lately Jon has been filling me in on how long it takes for Westley to go anywhere because he's observing everything and describing every step of the way to him in question form "Daddy, you're walking with me?" and "Daddy, the trees are blowing?" or "Daddy, Strider's running?"....yesterday on their walk Westley insisted on taking along the trailer to his "tractor", pushing it around the entire field, this of course slowing down the entire walk - so Jon thought they'd just skip the regular stop by nama's and nampa's house....but no, Westley of course had to keep with routine! So cute.

1 Comments:
You really do have two very sweet kiddos! Jen says we missed you guys at Moms group monday. Hope your all doing well and feeling better!
Post a Comment
<< Home